Thursday, July 30, 2009

My sweet Emma Rose

3 years ago today, we were bringing our first born home from the hospital. Oh, how our lives have changed since that day! I hardly seems like it has been 3 years, but then again, I feel like Emma has always been a part of our lives, and it's hard to remember "before kids". I so clearly remember that day she was born and how happy I was to have a baby of my very own. I really felt like I was playing "house" as I have always dreamed of becoming a Mom, but could not even begin to imagine what it would be like! It really was a dream come true. Emma was the best baby! We had so much fun together. I remember sitting at my computer and looking at her sitting next to me in her bouncy seat, and she was so content just to sit there and watch me. She has to share a room with her Papa, so when he needed to work at his desk, she would nap or go to bed in our room and never gave us any trouble. She even waited to roll over until she was 8 months old, so we didn't have to worry about her rolling off the big bed. =) She was a trooper. She went with us wherever we went and we loved it!

Life has been busy tho! 3 months after her 1st birthday, we welcomed little Joy into our lives and Emma started to learn that she now had a sister that was not going anywhere. =) It really has been nice to have them close, because they are growing up together and becoming friends. Joy loves to follow Emma and copy the things that she does. Sometimes that's not such a good thing tho. =) Now, Emma is a big sister to a little brother also, and boy does she love the job of being a big sister! She can be such a big help at times and she loves her brother like he was her own baby! It is nice that he is getting stronger and holding up his head, since she loves to pick him up and she isn't very good at holding it. She loves to help me wash him, burp him, change him, and entertain him. I love the way she loves him!

So when you decide to have a baby, I know for me, I didn't think about the years to come. Maybe that is normal. You don't really even know what to expect with a baby, so to try to imagine life as they get older is not very easy. So since having all 3 kids in 3 short years, my life has been busy. I know God gave us these children for many reasons, but I know one of the main things was for me to grow. They teach me daily about my lack of self control, my selfishness, my pride, and I'm sure the list goes on. One day, Emma disobeyed, and because of it, ended up breaking my favorite candelabras. I screamed, first because there was glass everywhere, but then out of hurt. I was so hurt that she broke something that I loved. I'm sure she got scared at first, but then was very appologetic and I just started crying. She was saying she was sorry and I could not bring myself to forgive her. Then I was crying even more because here, I am supposed to be her example of forgiveness, well, of everything really, but I could not even bring myself to forgive her. It showed me, yet again, how sinful I am, and how I can not do this job without the Lord! Emma really does have a sweet spirit, and I pray that she will see her sinfulness, and desire for the Lord to save her. In the mean time, I daily pray for wisdom in guiding her and training her in the Lord. As my first born, she holds such a special place in my heart, and I pray that she knows how much we love and care for her! I love you, my sweet Emma Rose!

First picture with Mama-Birth Day


Emma's 1st Birthday


Emma's 2nd Birthday


Emma's 3rd Birthday


Big sister Emma and her little brother and sister

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, beautiful girl! Happy Birthday sweet Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing Emma has been to our lives! What a blessing Joy and Luke have been to our lives! Children are indeed the Lord's sweet blessings and He indeed teaches us so much through them! I am so thankful we are His children and He loves us unconditionally! You are a great mother of 3:)

    T.I.

    ReplyDelete