Wednesday, July 15, 2009

3 things

I want to talk about three things that I love. Did you think I was going to say Emma, Joy and Luke? Wrong. Well, I do love them, but these are three things I love.
1. God's Word. There is nothing sweeter than waking up and getting to spend time in the Word. It is such an encouragement to me. Even tho I am in I Kings right now and there isn't a whole lot of inspiring verses, there is still a lot to learn. I always come away feeling refreshed and filled. There is also something to say about reading it in the morning. I love to wake up with God. Especially those days when my kids give me a nice gift and sleep in and it's just me and the Lord. I really treasure those moments as they do not come too often. Most of the time it takes me forever to do my "quiet time" as it's not so quiet these days. =)
2. Coffee. Some might question whether I actually love coffee, or the "fixin's". True, I love having my hazelnut creamer and a teaspoon of sugar WITH my coffee. I do not like the taste of it black, but I do love the smell of it black. Anyway, to have a cup of coffee every morning is one of my simple pleasures. Of course, I am into decaf these days as I have been pregnant or breast feeding for the last 3 years! 8-)
3. A cuddly baby. I absolutely melt when my babies are in the cuddle me stage. They grow up so fast and before you know it, they are pushing you away to explore the world around them. That I am grateful for as I won't not want them hanging on me until they are 5! But I sure do miss the cuddle stage when it passes. A cuddly baby....such sweetness.

So this morning, I was sitting there, in the Word, having my cup of coffee and cuddling with my little Lucas and I had total contentment. God is so good to give us those moments where he says "See my child, I love you, and this is how I am going to show you at this moment". Thank you Lord for those love gifts.


** Emma is getting a lot better at taking pictures. At least she didn't cut off my head like she tends to do. Please excuse the "do"...I DID just wake up. =)

1 comment:

  1. What a special picture! Luke is already learning so much about the Lord and from your daily example of studying His Word! I enjoyed reading your "3 things". I have been having some coffee with creamer of course, too a few times, and even some fancy tea:)
    I would have to say that right now, one of my favorite things is Tessa playing with my hair. Her touch is so precious!:)

    T.I.

    ReplyDelete