.jpg)
We woke up docked in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. When we looked out our room, we were not that excited about the weather. We went up to the Island Cafe (again) =) for breakfast. Then went back to our room and packed our bag for a day on the island. We had signed up for a snorkeling adventure online, so our tickets were delivered to our room. We met in the theater and waited in line to see what boat we were to take. Georgetown did not allow the cruise ships to dock on the land, so we had to take these "tender boats" from the ship to the land. We thought it was so interesting that in Key West, we had to show our passports to get on/off the boat, but not in Georgetown, Grand Cayman! Anyway, we waited for quite a while in the theater and finally our group was called. So we got on the tender boat and headed for the land. Here we are on the tender boat:
.jpg)
( That picture is probably one of my favorite pictures of the whole week!) =)
This is the view from the tender boat looking back at our cruise ship:
.jpg)
Once we got on land, we were "herded" to this line where we waited for another boat to take us out snorkeling. This boat looked a little scary:
.jpg)
The weather did not seem to be getting any better. It wasn't really that cold, just overcast, misting here and there and very windy. Here we are on our way to our first snorkel stop:
.jpg)
We got to our first stop where we were over a ship wreck and everyone jumped in and started snorkeling. I just stood there for a bit, for one, trying to find Tim in the mix of people, and for another, debating IF I even wanted to get in. I'm not a huge water fan, but I really did want to do it. I have snorkeled one other time; when we went to the Bahamas, and I just assumed I didn't enjoy it because I got sea sick and I was pregnant. Well as soon as I got in the ocean, it ALL came back to me. The waves, the salty water, and this time, we had the added bonus of RAIN. So I swam around for about 5 min., checked out the ship wreck, tried again to find my husband in the mass of yellow life vests and then decided that I had had enough at this stop. I was the only one who cut that stop short, everyone else waited until the captain called them back in. He could tell I did not enjoy it that much, so he told me it was fine to stay and not go back in if I didn't want to. Here is Tim right after he got out at that stop:
.jpg)
Then we went to our second stop over some coral and some cool looking fish. Tim thought that I should at least try it again, so I did get back in for maybe 5 minutes. Then I knew that I was done. They waves were big and the rain was coming down and I kept on getting SALTY water in my mouth which is yuck, so I had had my fill of ocean for a long time. ;) I got back on and rinsed off and dried off and it was so windy, I had a really hard time getting warm (which I didn't really get warm until we got back to the cruise ship and went in the hot tub). The boat had a glass bottom, so I got to see the coral and fish just fine thru there anyway.
.jpg)
Tim tried to tell me he was heading under the glass of the boat, but there was a miscommunication, but how cool it would have been to get a picture of that. O well. I did get one right before he went under the boat tho. ;)
.jpg)
After we got back to the land, we did walk around Georgetown for a little while, looked thru some shops and stuff, but I was still so cold, I just wanted to go back to the cruise ship. Tim was FINE with that! =) (he didn't really want to shop anyway, lol) We got back on the ship and ate lunch at the Poolside Grill, then we went in the hot tub for a nice, long, hot soak. We even gave each other foot massages. =) Then we went back to the room, showered and took a nice long nap. Then we got up and got ready for our evening.
.jpg)
We went to the Theater and watched "The Newlywed Game". That was pretty funny. They had people sign up to be on the show and then they said they picked them out of a hat. They had 4 couples ranging from 4 days of marriage, to 19 years of marriage. That was a fun show to watch and we were sure glad we did not have to be up there answering the questions! lol
.jpg)
We just sat in the theater after the show and waited till it was time to head to dinner:
.jpg)
We both had steak again for dinner. We walked around a bit after dinner. We tried to play some Texas Hold 'Em in the casino, but there was nobody at that table, every time we went by.

So we just ended up going back to the room and hanging out together.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment