Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cruise Vacation - Day 3 (TUES)


We woke up this morning docked at Key West, FL. We went to the Grand Restaurant for breakfast (they didn't serve breakfast there every day). This was the view from where we ate. Normally, for dinner, we sat at the top on the other side. After breakfast, we went back to the room and packed a bag of stuff to take on the island. We thought maybe we would find a nice beach or something, so we went down and had to show our passports (ya, for Key West, Florida...weird!), and started walking. We stopped to get some pictures in front of our boat. We didn't really know where we were going. We asked someone where we could find a beach and they told us a general direction, so that's where we headed. It was a beautiful town. I thought this tree was gorgeous! As we were walking, we passed Emma Street, so I had to stop and take a picture. =) We walked a little farther and we came to a military gate. The guard told us to go back to the main street and walk a while longer. So we did and we came to another gate and I guess it was a state park. Yes, they did have a beach, but not the kind we were looking for. They told us if we wanted to find another beach, we needed to go back to the main street and go ALL the way down, a couple of miles. We looked at each other and turned around. We had seen enough of Key West. We decided to go back to the boat and relax. That was a very smart decision. We went back to our room and took a short nap and then went to lunch at the Island Cafe. It was this HUGE buffet style island that was almost half the boat's size. Every day they offered ice cream, pizza and salad. Then every day they would offer different things like pasta, sushi, sandwiches, Chinese, desserts, etc. We got sandwiches. I was still full from my breakfast! Then we went and laid out by the pool. Tim got in the pool, but it was a little cool for me, so I waited until he was done swimming and we both got in the hot tub for a while. Then we went back and changed and went to the gym to work out. Then we went back and took showers and got ready for the evening. We were planning on seeing a movie, but we went in and there was like nobody there and the movie didn't look that interesting anyway, so we decided to go back up on the top and get some drinks and hang out while the sun was still up. At 5pm, the boat started moving again, this time heading for Georgetown, Grand Cayman, and it would be traveling all day the next day as well to get there. We got some fries to go along with our drinks and just sat and enjoyed the beautiful weather. The pool was a little more crowded as the day went on, so we were glad we were there when everyone else was on land. There was only about a dozen people there when we where laying out.

Little did we know it would be the nicest day of our cruise. Tim wanted to go up top the boat while we were taking off, and I could not believe it....as we were walking, I hear him saying "Watch out...watch OUT, get READY" and I'm thinking, "what is he talking about?". And then, BOOM! We walked passed the wall onto open deck and the wind hit us with such force, we both started dying laughing! It was obviously not that enjoyable, so we didn't stay up there too long, but it was entertaining! Here is Tim on the top of the boat, while I'm hiding behind the wall:

That night was formal night, so we went back and got all dressed up. I had taken time and twisted and pulled back my hair, and when I asked Tim what he thought, he said he thought it was more formal down, so I re-did it for him. I am in the process of growing out my hair from the tragic cut I got quite a few months ago, so I don't wear it all down much as my bangs are very annoying, but he said it looked great, so I left it. Before dinner, we went down and waited in line for professional photos. This was something that meant a lot to me, because in the 11 years that I have known Tim, he has not been a big fan of the camera, but he was VERY gracious to me this trip and never said no, which was huge! I haven't had a chance to scan the picture yet, or else I would put it right here. =) But here is a picture of us at dinner:

For dinner, we both got the salmon. And for an appetizer, we tried Escargot. It was REALLY good! =)

After dinner we went to the theater for a show "A Touch of Broadway". VERY fun! A lot of things on our cruise you can get; food, sun, etc. But that singing and dancing is not something you get to see every day. It was definitely a highlight of the trip. Here is a picture of us before the show:

Still waiting for the show to start. =)

After the show, we went to the Hemisphere Lounge where they were having a dance party and making martini's and pouring them down
an ice sculpture, so it chills it on the way down and lands in your glass. Very cool!

Tim looked SO HOT in his suit.


Now, this was like the first time that Tim and I had ever been "out" together. We started dating when I was 16, he was 17, so it's not like we could go to a bar, or a club together, so it's just not something that we ever did. I went a couple of times with a friend to a local bar and enjoyed some dancing while a local band played, but other then that, I had not danced. Tim danced a couple of times in high school I'm sure, but we had never danced together. So I begged and some other Napa people talked him into it as well. He didn't really want to, but he did it for me, and I have have to say, WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!

Then we realized, now we have a song. This was the first song that we danced to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmvAVX8_szs

So after a VERY long day, and an even longer night of dancing, we were exhausted! I had such a wonderful day and dancing out there with him made me fall in love all over again!! This picture is priceless. =)


Every night when we would come back from dinner, they had cleaned our room, turned down our bed and dimmed the lights. And on our bed, Napa would always have a gift for us. Each night was something different. We got the backpack and stuff I talked about yesterday, a nice silver clock, binoculars, a huge canvas bag (which came in handy on the trip home!), leather coasters and a nice picture frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment