Last night we stayed over at the grandparents house since that is where our kids will be for the next week. We thought that would be easier, we put them to bed, we go to bed, then when we get up the next morning, and we can just leave and they will already be there. We left the house at 6am and got to the Fresno airport at 7:30am. We managed to fit all of our luggage in our small suitcase, which was our carry-on, so we didn't have any bags to check. Our flight didn't leave until 9:15, so we had some time to kill. I read and I think Tim might have taken a little snooze. =) Our first flight to LA was only like 45 min. Once we got to LA, we have to wait 2 hours before our next flight was to leave. Again, I think Tim took a snooze. I walked around for a while, listened to my IPOD some, and did a lot of people watching. Finally our flight was ready. This flight into Miami was almost 5 hours. The plane was pretty big and we all had a TV on the seat in front of us, so we watched a couple of movies and some TV and before we knew it, we were there. We had a 3 hour time difference, so when we got there, it was 8:30pm. We arrived at the airport where we were met by a guy with a NAPA sign and he had a bus waiting to take us to the airport. As soon as we got to the Miami Downtown Hilton, we checked in, put our stuff up in the room and headed out to find some food.
We did not eat ALL day, but even tho it was 9pm, we only felt like 6pm. Still, we were starving, so we went to this burger place across the street from our hotel called "Checkers". We each got a cheeseburger meal. After that, Tim says, "Are you still hungry?" I thought I was, so we actually went back and we got seconds. Tim ended up altogether eating one triple cheeseburger, 2 double cheeseburgers and a chicken sandwich, plus a fry and a coke! Man, that boy can eat! Although we HAD not eaten all day. ;) Went back to the room and crashed!
No comments:
Post a Comment