The other day, I was updating baby books and decided it would be a fun thing to have the kids stamp their hand prints on some paper and add that to their books. So I started with putting an old crib sheet over my table to protect it, then gave each girl a piece of card stock and they got to pick out a color for the stamp pad. Emma picked red and Joy picked purple, and then I set aside blue for Lucas. I have a few little rubbery stamps, so I gave that to them and told them to have at it. Then as they got more into it, I had them put their hands in the ink pads and we put them on paper. It was a lot of fun until that point! lol When they had ink all over their hands, I because SUPER paranoid that they were going to touch everything, so right after, we tried to wash their hands, but the ink was really on there and we were struggling to get it off with soap and water. They were getting annoyed that I would not stop scrubbing their hands and I was getting worried that the other child at the table was getting ink everywhere. Then I switched and told them just to stamp with the stamps and not their hands anymore and that didn't work, so we had to cut craft time short. Note to self: next craft day, leave the inky hand prints till the very last! lol I was glad that I got their prints and it was a great addition to their books. I also wrote on there their current heights and weights: Emma: At 3 years and 7 months old, she is 36 lbs and 40 3/4" Joy: At 2 years and 4 months old, she is 29 lbs and 36" Lucas: At 10 1/2 months old, he is 21 lbs and 29 1/4"

Last night, we had a pretty good snow fall, so I took the girls out for a bit this morning while Lucas was napping. We made a little sled with a bin that Emma had fun going down our driveway and our *tiny* hill on the side of our house:

Then we came in and enjoyed some hot chocolate w/ marshmallows in it. I think that was better for the girls then the snow! =)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment