Saturday, August 8, 2009

Summer Fun

I am thoroughly enjoying my summer. The girls are loving the outside time as am I! I have even tried teaching them the "skill" of laying out. We bring out our towels, lay it by our tiny kiddie pool, and lay on them. I say "OK, now lay down on your towel, be very still and just soak in the sun".
Joy learning....

Emma doing very well....

It actually works for a little bit, but then of course, they want to get up and run around, which is fine with me, as long as they don't step on me. =)

The girls love to spend time at Grandma and Grandpa's house also. They have some swings, a sand box, and they are actually putting in a pool which will be super fun. Again, they LOVE to be outside.
Emma enjoying the swing....

Joy enjoying the other swing....

We have gone into the pool in town a few times, and that has been nice.


Luke enjoying the outside also:


BUT, I think my favorite thing that we have done yet this summer has been without the girls. We went camping with the "Young Marrieds Group" from our church. We took Luke with us and left the girls with Grandma and Grandpa. It was such a nice break and so much fun to sit around the campfire, play games, sit down by the creek and have some alone time with God, and just be with good friends. We look forward to it next year!
Our group:


I can hardly believe it is August already. The weather the last few days has been pretty cool and I am thinking that summer is going to be over before we know it, and we will be stuck inside for another cold season. I am hoping this winter will be better then last as I am working on typing up a "school" schedule for Emma. My mom gave me this sample preschool schedule, and I think she will totally love it! She does much better with structure, and hey, she might actually learn something as well.

1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to teach Tessa to lay out, too. It will take us several lessons, but it is sure fun to be able to get to do it. Praise the Lord for summer season:):):) Tessa prefers to play in the kiddie pool...She could sit in it for hours!!!:)

    What fun pictures you posted! My nieces and nephew are gorgeous and I miss them SO much! Tessa would sure love to come over for play dates or have you over here:)How special that Grandma and Grandpa are nearby, too:)

    I can wait to hear all about the "school" schedule and how Emma enjoys it. How neat that your mom has a sample for you!

    Wishing you a wonderful rest of the summer! I know that it will be:)

    ReplyDelete